On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Varrun Ramani <darthsit...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have the need to connect to my BSNL EVDO usb modem using ppp0 interface
> as
> well as connect to an ad-hoc wlan0/eth0 network simultaneously. While
> connecting to the ad-hoc network the ppp0 interface also must be active and
> able to access the internet. But this does not happen by default?
> I am using ubuntu 9.04. How can i do this?
>
> If all the machines in the LAN of which wlan0/eth0 are on the same subnet,
you should've no issue. However, if you are trying to connect to multiple
subnets thro' an internal router networks, then add route entries for each
of  the subnets you want to access thro wlan0/eth0 to gateways on the LAN.
The default route will point to ppp0 and only non LAN traffic will go thro'
ppp0. By default, the route entries to the local LAN subnets do not exist
and so this problem occurs. Once these routes are installed, access to LAN
subnets is not subject to default route whether it is pointing to wlan0/eth0
or ppp0.

-- Mohan Sundaram