Hello Ramkumar,

On 11/30/2009 01:47 PM, Ramkumar wrote:
Dear Friends,
                        we have setup server with centos in remote place.we
have only default security settings .how can we prevent our server from
hackers.Guide me to handle it.Thanks in advance.

If you have to ask here how to do this, you are probably not well equipped to reliably secure a server at the moment. If this is a production server with important data, I would suggest hiring a capable professional to at least set things up for you.

That said, i have found these NSA guidelines being cited very frequently as a good and comprehensive starting point to securing your server:

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/guidance/security_configuration_guides/operating_systems.shtml#linux2

HTH
cheers,
- steve