Hi all,

Guruprasad wrote:
> Hi all,
> In our college, we have a mod_python based web application for our
> intranet portal. We have a local testbed where the student devs have
> their own logins and they work on their own subversion working copies
> and publish their sites using mod_python configuration in
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/default and userdir module. But we very
> often face a problem like this.
>
> All the users have their own copies of the web application and when
> one user opens and navigates through the web application when other
> user is doing the same with his copy, on clicking links and all, all
> the addresses start getting changed into those of the other user and
> not mine. We use Debian Lenny and the versions of apache2 and
> mod_python shipped with them with the mpm-prefork module. How to avoid
> such an issue.
>
> For example when I click on a link in a site
> http://localhost/~user1/blah it gets changed it to
> http://localhost/~user2/blah and causes confusions. This issue happens
> only when the users publish their own sites and use them concurrently.

I have found a solution to the problem from
http://mailman.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2009-December/026397.html.

The idea is to create a sub-interpreter for every published site by
using 'PythonInterpreter' directive. I can use directives like

<site1>
PythonInterpreter site1
</site1>

<site2>
PythonInterpreter site2
</site2>

where
PythonInterpreter directive has to be given a unique name that could be
anything.

Regards,
Guruprasad