On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Gourav Shah <freedom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I am getting requests for projects from MBA(HR) friends.
> > > Thinking on how to make them to contribute to FOSS instead of going to
> > > a company.
> > >
> > > Share your thoughts on how to help them in a FOSS way.
> >
> > They could chip in with their domain knowledge.
> > One project that I can think off top of my head would be openerp. It
> > lags behind when it comes to HR functions especially payroll.
> > Then there is orangeHRM.
> > Among other things, they could formulate policies on how FOSS can be
> > adopted in organisations.
> >

> I second.
> - They could contribute  to OrangeHRM with their domain knowledge.
> http://www.orangehrm.com/community.shtml
> - Spread awareness in their professional circle about FOSS and its use in
> HR
> domain.

MBA( HR) lemme think they can think of research in

FOSS and Democracy/Govt : Fuctioning of Govt.
FOSS and Politics : Humans are political in nature does FOSS help in
overcoming that instinct too.
FOSS and Employability specific in .in context : How community can play  +ve
role in Economy through employment and what it takes to get a Day job in
Alien world in the Context of Foss professionals.
FOSS and Cosumer Bahaviour across .in : What do i need FOSS for aka common
man does he perceive the same way as we are thinking.

all of these i suppose involve Human factor in some way , does it Qualify i
donna , just my 2 cents.

-Satya
satyaakam.net