On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 07:39 +0530, sivakumar bharadhwaj wrote:
> Mr Benedict,
>
> I have a lenovo laptop, and i have been facing the same problem - right from
> the day I have installed linux - with dualbooting.
>
> after shutting down the OS, the power LED will be glowing intermittently,
> showing that the laptop is still on, but not being used.
>
> I shutdown the laptop physically, by keep pressing the start/stop button on
> the laptop, till it shuts down completely.

I had to do this a while ago on my Ubuntu 9.04 laptop. After I disabled
the splash screen I could see that something was crashing when I shut
the computer down. When I reported the bug with a photograph of the
screen on shutdown, I was told to get a specific kernel version. This
solved the issue. Perhaps you should do so with your own distribution
bug tracker.
--
Roshan George <ros...@arjie.com>