On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Roshan <kubuntu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Shrinivasan T wrote:
>> http://www.academicearth.org
>>
>> This is a wonderful site to get educated via online videos.
>> awesome lectures from the professors of famous universities.
>>
>> Keep on Learning.
>
> Fabulous. Interesting to see the knowledge.

We have too many Roshans in LUG now. ;)

Video based training is useful and incredibly insightful.

I have learnt many yoga poses mainly gymnastic in nature and the advanced ones
 from youtube.

It is wrong to do yoga without a qualified teacher but then with computers and
other forms of secular knowledge the best thing to do according to me is to
learn on one's own using videos but look at every source with healthy
scepticism.

Never believe anybody till you have tested it yourself practically.

I have written an article about creating screencasts using tools on UNIX like
ffmpeg and similar ones like istanbul and recordmydesktop.

http://aplawrence.com/Girish/gv-screencast.html

But I have not been able to do much on this later.

Videos are the best way to teach and learn, no doubt about it.

-Girish

--
Gayatri Hitech
web: http://gayatri-hitech.com