On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 14:05, Pothuraju, Naga Deepak
<naga-deepak.pothur...@capgemini.com> wrote:
> Hi Team
>
> I am trying to overcome the blocked access in my office somehow as I think
> the security restrictions have gone too far to carry on my daily activities.
> Here is the scenario. I cannot access any email sites, IM sites,
> entertainment sites from my office. The setup as far as I understood is that
> all traffic from the local systems are being tunneled through a proxy server.
> I tried using various methods to access websites & IM sites like anonymous
> proxy servers & few other ways. But what I found was that no matter what, I
> don't seem to be able to access any of the mail/IM sites. Just then I tried
> Firefox add-on sameplace [xmpp] which was little complicated to set up as it
> had few dependencies & the only thing that works for me now in gtalk. All the
> other Firefox addons like gtalksidebar, meebo, etc failed. Certainly, they
> aren’t blocking talk.google.com since any addon trying to connect to gtalk
> connects to talk.google.com. Few doubts on my mind now are:
>
> * Is there a way to direct http traffic over xmpp?
> * How do I know if they are blocking it via ports?
> * I would like you guys to guess the rule or setup they have to monitor or
> block traffic.
>
> For all those guys having the same problem, I am currently able to use
> gmail/rediffmail/yahoomail via http://www.noblewebs.com/postbox/ & as
> mentioned above, gtalk via sameplace firefox addon.

If you really want to access the blocked sites, then use your mobile
and access via GPRS or 3G during work breaks. Corporate networks may
contain sensitive data and you might be breaching the terms of your
contract. No company will tolerate such behaviour and it'll ruin your
career.

Just my opinion.

--

Salvadesswaran Srinivasan