On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves
<law...@thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> On Thursday 10 June 2010 11:50:49 Akilan R wrote:
> > > Organizations don't arbitrarily create rules.  They are made because
> > > of 1) govt compliance regulations, 2) IT security policies enforced
> > > by their customers, and 3) industry best practices.
> >
> > Not necessarily so. In India they are created out of ignorance or
> arrogance
> > on the part of network admins. See this:
> >

> for example when I joined NRC-FOSS, everything was blocked except email and
> web browsing - no ssh, no IRC, no svn over http. And this is a research
> institute with a strong FOSS component!

@OP
this is what happen to most of us. in a academic or corporate institution.
this doesnot mean we should try to crack their network infrastructure. if
you really want a open Internet connection then buy a PDA or a data card.
use your own private Internet connection and if you want to learn then get
your own infrastructure or join such institution which provide such
courses...

>>You are probably not reading the email properly. I have NO access to any
kind of email, what were you thinking when you said that?

i mean to say that if you are the person who want to learn all this stuff
and do it against that institution then you shouldn't have used the
institution's email ID.. this will reveal not only your identity.. but the
company in which you are working, that could be a threat to you as well as
your company too, do what ever to yourself, no one will say anything... but
to the company.. they never gonna spare you for that..

ethical hacking: this term is rather oxymoron.. hacking is never illegal..
cracking is..

--
> regards
> kg