On 08/22/2010 11:51 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote
> ok - so I am wrong. but not very wrong. I see 80 or so patents,
> apparently one in 2010, 2-3 in 2009 and all the rest several years ago.
> So either they have stopped writing innovative software or have stopped
> wasting their time (and lawyers fees) filing patents. I wonder how they
> do business if they only file one or two patents a year?
>
> compare this to the number microsoft has filed. Anyway thanks for doing
> the research. Very enlightening.

Speaking for myself, the amount of employees and money that Microsoft
can spend on filing and getting patents is much much larger than Red Hat
can hope to or want to compete with.  The answer to that problem is
promoting the policy of eradicating or atleast preventing/ limiting the
spread of the software patent problem globally and becoming part of
patent pools like OIN.

Rahul