On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 4:27 AM, Eknath Venkataramani
<eknath.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is my homework question and I need a pointer to know what I must look
> for.
>
> How does FreeBSD 5.2.1 control the interrupt level?
> For example, is it possible to block off network interrupts when servicing a
> clock interrupt?
> If so, how?  How are interrupt threads managed
> (created/destroyed/scheduled)?

In short I dunno.

The long answer is that you should look at the FreeBSD kernel code.

It is very big compared to OpenBSD and you will have to spend a long time.

Normally however the clock interrupt gets the highest priority.

Normally interrupts on x86 are managed by the 8051 PIC I think.

It happens at the hardware level. Most of the time interrupt lines are
shared and daisy  chained.

-Girish

--
Gayatri Hitech