On Saturday 19 June 2010 03:47 PM, Chandan Prasad Gupta wrote:
> yep I am connected... thanks you all...
> :) :)
>
> Cheers,
> Chandan
>
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Shrinivasan T <tshriniva...@gmail.com>wrote:

Hi,

I thought it would be pertinent to state my problem in this thread since
I have a problem with MTS too.

When I insert the device in the USB, it does not show up on the device
manager always. It's pretty random. Sometimes it shows up, sometimes it
doesn't. And when I do wvdial, it gets connected most of the time. But
almost always, the connection is very unstable, it gets disconnected
automatically. Not often and not regular. Seems like it gets
disconnected at random times.

When the device gets disconnected, the ttyUSB0 file under /dev/ also
disappears. Sometimes, when I try to connect it throws up gibberish on
the terminal.

Also, one peculiar problem is when browsing, the connections are also
very flaky. Not slow, but flaky. I have to refresh the page twice or
thrice to get it loading. Infact some times the page does not load at
all and gives a "page not found" error. After frantically hitting F5
like 5 times, it gets loaded.

Torrents are fast. No problems. Hits, 200KBps. I'm confused.

I use Firefox4 Beta 6 and Chromium browsers.

Yogesh.