On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 11:39, Roshan Mathews <rmath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There must be other companies which make money from Free and/or Open
> Source software, but it would be hard to imagine that (m)any of them
> have greater revenues than those generated by the largest grossing
> closed source software.

It seems that the largest contributors to F/OSS don't make their money
by selling support and/or software, but rather services built on them
- Google, Facebook.  I don't know what Oracle, IBM make from F/OSS.

This is not to say that people don't make money from F/OSS, KG's
friend seems to be doing quite well.  But then there are others making
money by selling services to closed source software.

--
http://roshan.mathews.in/