I tried installing ubuntu 10.10 in my HP dv6 pavillion laptop using a usb
drive.
It is right now, running in the live cd mode, after I hit 'iinstall ubuntu',
i got a screen asking me to check if I'd want to 'download updates while
installing' and 'install 3rd party software'.
I checked yes for both, and the installation has been running for more than
15 minutes. There is no visible progress bar to show download
progress/installation progress.
I have  a 15mbps connection, and yet no response from the installer yet.

Does it really take that long? or is this just the way it is?

--
Eknath Venkataramani