Friends.

I have to work on some huge text files that are around 2GB - 10GB.
Have to read some content on those files and have to rewrite them.
Mostly have to cut/copy/paste/edit the contents in random areas.

sed, awk kind of utilities can not be used as the data is not under
regex and the manual operation/verification is must.

I have a 2GB RAM machines.
Opening in vim takes much time and every action takes 20-30 min.

Is there any possibilities to speed up the progress?
I have many computers that are idle.

How can I create a cluster of RAMs from those idle machines, so that I
can work on those huge files easily?
Is it possible?

Are there any other ways?

Thanks.