Friends.

Yesterday, we had a nice meeting with Prof. Prabhu Ramachandran.

He started with little intro to python.
He explained the powers of ipython shell.
Then, explored the python powered mathematical software sage [
http://www.sagemath.org ]
It is awesome to realiase the features of sage's web interface then
numpy and scipy.

Then, he moved to his favorite topic "MayaVi", the scientific
visualization tool. [http://mayavi.sourceforge.net]
As the original creator, he demonstrated the features and capabilities
of MayaVi.
using twisted, he has added networking features to MayaVi.

He explained the operations of FOSSEE. [http://fossee.in]
They are hiring open source enthusiasts. check at http://fossee.in/hiring

Kadambari announced scipy 2010.
SciPy.in is a national level event to promote Python for Education and
Scientific Computing.
This year it is happening in IIT Hyderabad, on Dec 13-18, 2010.
visit http://scipy.in for more info.

She distributed the posters and handouts.

Around 30 participants filled the hall and session was much interactive.
Here are some slides on past events: http://fossee.in/download

Thanks for Prabhu and Kadambari for spending their time with us.
We are so proud to meet and have the father of ilugc on our stage.

Here are some snaps:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41391&id=133359730009404

--
Regards,