Hello Nataraj,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Nataraj S Narayan <natara...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Viky
>
> Is it that simple to use Reliance Netconnect using wvdial? I was
> wondering how to go about connecting my NetBSD laptop.

Yes it is. You need to install the packages usb-modeswitch and
usb-modeswitch-data and then run the following command to make the device to
be recognised as modem, not mass storage.

          modprobe usbserial vendor=0x19d2 product=0xfff1

> Any special configs in wvdial.conf? Stupid mode or things like that?
>
> May I have a sample of your wvdial.conf?

My wvdial.conf is as follows:

[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Init = ATZ
Phone = #777
Username = <My username>
Password = <My password>
New PPPD = 1
Stupid Mode = 1
Tonline = 0

Note: The username and password are same as the MDN number of your device.

HTH.

--
நன்றிகளுடன்,
விக்னேஷ்.