Hi

I planing to buy a Laptop. Mostly  I will use Centos and OpenSUSE. I
> need your suggestion to buy good Linux  compatible  Laptop. I seen the
> bellow asus looks good for my budget and it has Intel Core 2 Duo
> processor. If some have experiences  with asus please share me.
>
> http://smartshoppers.in/product/asus-pro8bij-vx300d-laptop/
>
> I would like to know about Linux prebuild Acer Laptop also.

My two cents. I have a Dell N4010 and since I have bought it I am facing lot
of trouble working with linux.
First: No linux distro(keep Mandriva away) detected it's network card out of
the box.
Second: the fan speed increases abruptly and the temperature goes haywire
(though I am still struggling to get some utility working on it for
measuring temperature-this is off topic though : )

So just check the compatibility issues of various components before
deciding.

> Thanks for your time.
>
> -Mohan L

Siddharth Srivastava

When you have learned to snatch the error code from the trap frame, it will
be time for you to leave.