On 12/16/10, balaji sivanath <starbala2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i didnt get any strong reason to switch from google to duckduckgo.
> what are the things google lacks which ddg gives?

Google lacks

1.privacy it tracks everything even when you aren't logged in your IP
addresses are stored in their db see [1]

2. lots of goodies at [2] for example !bang feature which lets you
search stuff directly over a website like you can search for Debian
packages like !dpackages <package-name> and more such at [3]

>i have mail,documents,photos..etc on google various products,how can i switch
> instantly from google to ddg.

well if you care about your privacy you have to come out this Google
cloud otherwise your privacy is at stake someway or the other!

[1]
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/10/search-engines-protect-privacy-outbound-https
[2] https://duckduckgo.com/goodies.html
[3] https://duckduckgo.com/bang.html