--- On Sun, 26/12/10, Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@thenilgiris.com> wrote:

> > > why would you assume that there was a default
> windows
> > > install? Mine had
> > > linux - and I know many people who have bought
> acer with a
> > > default linux
> > > install.
> > Mindset :-)
> > Also 9/10 laptops sold must be windows.
> > No alternative to windows even today for the common
> man.
> >

> nonsense - if the common man wants laptop with linux he can
> get it.
True. common man just asks laptop.
He does not ask that he needs Linux laptop or FreeBSD laptop.

Take the Mobile example. Android is having the backing of a giant in google and
today 1 in 4 smartphones sold is a android phone.
It was an excellent strategy to release a Linux based OS by Google in Android
and OEMs grabbed it.
Common Man does not asks that he needs android and kernel version 2.6.32 etc.
The same is not True with respect to Laptops. still windows rules.
There is still no backing from a big guy.

Just get out of your home spend time for 30 minutes to see for yourself on what
OS goes into PCs or Laptops.
I have also seen few people buying linux laptops (just to cut down few bucks)
and load a pirated version of windows.