On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 6:53 PM, mohi <mohanc...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> When I looked to buy a branded laptop, I felt much bad that I can customize
> a laptop *BUT* I MUST select a M$ operating system. And this really is like
> forcing us to pay money even if we do not want to buy it. Is there any talks
> before this post or is there a way to buy a branded laptop (like HP, DELL or
> a sony vaio).
>
> If there is no way, why are we not even trying to make a way?

Heard that Dell reimburses if you contact them. Never heard of real
life stories about it in India. Worth a try.
Acer & HP has some linux varieties.

Also note that even if you win the case - you won't get the full
amount of Windows OS's MRP because laptop companies act as OEMs, so
they get the OS pre-installed at a discounted rate.

take a look at this site as well, if you haven't:
http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/59381