On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 6:27 PM, narendra babu <cnarendra_b...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello folks ,
>
> Could you please let me know what are the major differences on the
> application tools and admin side, pkg management , ease of installation ,
> patch management  support and maintenance for RHEL and SUSE .
>
> i have done some search on the same, but could get only marketing info from
> Redhat and suse saying one is better than another .

You have got a better answer and I am not at all experienced in either of these.

Any commercial influence tend to gravitate towards marketing/sales
pitch and other nonsense and not
 reflect reality to the taste of technical people like you and me.

Debian continues to interest me and it is as free as perhaps Linux can ever get.

Now I believe Novell Suse Linux is based on Debian and Redhat tried to
deviate from UNIX as much as they can.

But I have no practical experience. When I was in Novell they had no
clue about Linux at all. ;)

Companies tend to lose vision and focus with technology even if it is
IBM and their influence on Linux.

Commercial objectives somehow dilute technical excellence and
marketing and sales compulsions complicate
things further.

-Girish

--
Gayatri Hitech