-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: JAGANADH G <jagana...@gmail.com>
To: ilug...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [ilugcbe] Sixth Meeting Report
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:05:09 +0530

Hi All
Sixth ILUGCBE meeting report

The Sixth meeting of ILUGCBE and one day Python workshop was conducted
at KGiSL Institute of Technology, Saravanampatti on 12th March
2011.Aroung 75 students from two colleges in Coimbatore attended the
workshop(Dr G.R.Damodharan college and KGiSL).

The workshop started by 09.30 A.M. Jaganadh G, Biju B and Sundaram
Ramachandran was there. We are happy to see that Sundaram Ramachandran
is faculty for FOSS in KGiSL Institute of Technology. Jganadh G gave an
introduction about FOSS and ILUGCBE before the workshop started. After
the introduction we started the hands on workshop session. The students
were very keen to make their hands dirty with Python. All the students
were able to practice the basics of python programming language. Biju B,
Anoop Thomas Mathews, SAtheesh Kumar and Sundaram Ramachandram was
active in helping the students to practice the python examples. The
workshop ended by 04.15 P.M.

The next item was LUG meeting. Since no other members were present we
discussed some general issues while we walked through the campus.
Sundaram Ramachandran came up with suggestion to help small and medium
office to adopt FOSS. He suggested that we have to create tools for
Pharmacy, Travels to adopt FOSS .

Snaps from the meet

https://picasaweb.google.com/jaganadhg/ILUGCBE_Python_Workshop?feat=directlink

--