On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Girish Venkatachalam <
girishvenkatacha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alas. Google is no substitute for relevant domain knowledge.
>
> In crypto PKCS12 is the standard for signatures and certificates.
>
> And PEM is base64 encoded data. In order for this conversion to work
> you require to
> provide a private key to decrypt and re encrypt.
>
> BIO stands for Basic I/O which is used by OpenSSL for all I/O operations.
>
> You have to provide the private key using one of OpenSSL switches like
> -key or something.

Thanks Girish for your reply. Here, I just want to add something which may
help you all to get the actual picture of my error.
I am trying to convert my one pem file to pkcs12 format using the command,
but I am getting the error:

"No certificate matches private key"*
*
I am using the command:
*openssl pkcs12 -export -in *filename.pem* -inkey *
ds.server.info_privatekey.pem* -out *outfile.pkcs12* -name alias

*Here:   *1. filename.pem --> concatenated file of "certificate" and "RSA
private key"
           2. ds.server.info_privatekey.pem --> the privatekey file
           3. outfile.pkcs12 --> the desired output file. *

What should I do now?

--
Best,
Zico