> Could you please let me know which of virtulization is mature
> kvm vs Xen vs virtio vs virtualbox vs VMWARE
>
> in real production which has more performance and reliability and number of
> virtual hosts supported

*First*: There are two ways to virtualize.

1 - Desktop applications used to virtualize: These basically install a
module (which plays the role of a hypervisor) into the running OS and pass
most calls to hardware using that module. These are quite effective for very
*small *business needs / *testing */ *personal *use etc.

2 - Bare metal: These are more like customized kernels combined along with a
Hypervisor and installed as an OS on the hardware. These are *Enterprise
Oriented* solutions.

Now for your question:

*VmWare* is I believe the longest running virtual enterprise solution
provider and considered most reliable for the same.
They provide both Desktop application as well as bare-metal virtualization
solutions. Both are really good/fast/(lot of features) in their respective
arenas.

*XenServer*: Considered next best. They introduced the concept of
para-virtualization. Newer solution compared to VMWare, however it is also
very effective.
XenServer comes as Baremetal solution. They have also tied up with various
companies like Redhat which release a customized Kernel with the Xen
Hypervisor.

*VirtualBox*: This is a desktop solution from SUN (now oracle). This is
fast, but I don't think it has as many features as VmWare desktop solution.
This is *not* a Bare Metal solution.

*Qemu*: Desktop solution. Very Very slow. You will find this, when you try
to install VMs using just Qemu, not kvm-qemu.
*
KVM*: This too is a desktop solution. Basically uses qemu to virtualize,
however, the qemu-kvm module is 100 times faster than just the qemu module.
Again not many features, but good solution.

*Virtio*: I dont know.

Regards,
Ashish