On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 9:01 AM,  <pan...@glug4muz.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Please suggest me a GNU/Linux distribution with following features:
>
> 1. After installing it with CD/DVD, most of packages available for it can
> be installed from same or another CD/DVD. High speed Internet connection
> should not be required for installing default packages available for it.

Choose a DVD distro. Nowadays there are many livecd distros for Linux.

> 2. It should not be much resource consuming. Should work on an old system
> such as P-IV with low amount of RAM such as 512MB.

Debian or Slackware.

> 3. Latest version of LAMP related packages should be available on it.
>
> 4. It should support Tata Indicom Photon Plus connection.

What does this mean? Is it an ethernet MODEM? USB is hard.

> 5. Codes of common audio and video format should be available on it by
> default.
>
> 6. Upgradation process of it should be easy with the CD/DVD of current
> version.

Codecs? mplayer can play everything but Debian and mplayer do not get along.

I had trouble compiling the source. It was failing in some libavcodec
header file.

I wonder. If you can get some deb for it it will be good.

Upgrading?

Why?

Normally I just reinstall when a new release happens.

-Girish
--
G3 Tech
Networking appliance company