On 15 June 2011 01:16, Nitesh Mistry <mail...@mistrynitesh.net> wrote:
>> How do install without dependencies using
>> apt-get
>> dpkg
> Isn't that like asking 'how can I have a milkshake without milk?'?

Good one :)

Dear Ganesh Apt has a role to perform thats resolving dependencies .

 dpkg on the other hand can be used to install plackages but still it
asks for dependent packages. you could use
It has a option --ignore-depends=packagename
Ignore dependency-checking for specified packages (actually, checking
is performed, but only warnings about conflicts are given, nothing
else).

Having said that like all the people I would still suggest you not to
mess up with your machine by avoiding some packages . do you have an
internet connection problem or something is wrong with apt
configuration . First fix that issue by wither getting an offline repo
or asking the exact issue .

Regards,
Pavithran

--