2011/6/20 Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmai...@gmail.com>

> >> I just wanted to know is there any Linux development is going on for
> >> building a system that supports both RPM and DEB packages to be used in
> >> single Distribution without use of other tools like alien.
> >>

> > That is not possible as the underlying design for RH based and Debian
> based
> > distros are totally different. You can always compile stuff from the
> source!
>

> Why cant if the underlying design be created newly that supports both RH
> and
> Debian Based Distros?

Why reinvent something that's already there? Creation of some totally new
Linux architecture is a mammoth task and IMO a totally unnecessary one.
People choose distros that best suit their needs. A package manager is just
a piece in the OS architecture. As long as you have something that gives you
a quick and easy way of installing packages, you should be fine. If not, you
always have more ( powerful ) ways of doing that, like compiling from source
!