[off topic - DO not read if you are easily offended]

>>>This 90 crore might be well spend on starving kids and kids who require
>>medical care

God forbid, What would have happened if   our parents had invested all their
money for OUR future health care instead of education and deprived us of our
IIT or BITS pilani or  BE education !! citing our health reasons !

Can I say that health care is more important than education ? NO

In reality sometimes people starve themselves to get educated. Why ?

Empowering the masses by giving them access to information (translates to
free laptop and internet) directly helps in alleviating the poor and
downtrodden.

So let the govt release the laptops to these poor kids and once they start
using it, browse the internet etc they will switch over to whatever o/s they
feel like. SO first let them get the damn laptops !

How many of us can say that they were born with linux ? I for one ,worked on
windows initially before switching over to linux.

I would like to mention the remarks of  my neighbour the other day.

"Our children also will have laptops "their" children also will have laptops
how can we allow this ??"

I rest my case

Chris