Greetings!

One of my friends is looking to startup a company in Chennai and wanted
help assembling a team.

This will be a subsidiary of a consumer electronics company from the US.
The first product that will be worked on is small linux multimedia device
(form factor like a SheevaPlug).

Skills he is looking for are:

Optimizing and developing for embedded linux platforms (ARM based - not
necessarily android). This will include both kernel level work and user
space applications in the consumer multimedia area (DLNA, UPnP etc.)

Android app development to interface with said devices over the cloud or
directly.

Development of cloud infrastructure to provide services for such devices.

Understand working in a startup environment and how attitude is important
as much as skills/experience. This will be like a grounds up startup and
will come with related perks and responsibilities. :)

If you are interested, please contact me (strictly off list) and I will get
you in touch with my friend.

Thanks