On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Prasanna Venkadesh
<prasmai...@gmail.com>wrote:

> According to his Data plan when some data limit is reached, the speed of
> connection will drop from 3.1 Mbps to 256 kbps.
>
> When the speed drops, he is unable to get internet connection in linux and
> he can access internet via windows in the same laptop using the Front-end
> developed for the modem.
>
> Now whats happening? What should be the problem? How can this be resolved?

I am not sure if this is the case in your scenario, but seems logical to
put this forward:
The speed drop is not bandwidth control. It is actually because the
connection itself switches to a different technology (Broadband+ and High
speed 1x in my case). To switch the modem to connect using the lower speed
technology might be a proprietory AT command. Since the Windows front end
can do this for you, it is able to connect in low speed.

Regards,
Arun