On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM, kenneth gonsalves <law...@thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> hi,
>
> I maintain a server in a remote place. It is connected to a LAN - the
> LAN is the usual poor man's LAN which uses the BSNL router as the dhcp
> server. They have dynamic IP from bsnl. The machine the machine has a
> fixed IP (192.168.1.123). The inward facing IP of the router is
> 192.168.1.1. Is it possible to ssh into this machine from outside, and
> if so how?

The following explains how to set up such a system. Instead of the first
step, which updates dyndns, you can modify the script to send you an email
whenever the IP address changes.

http://www.dyndnscommunity.com/questions/426/how-do-i-access-my-device-from-outside-my-home-net.html

I have not tried this. But I too am keen to know if this works.

regds,
mano