> This makes me think that there is some problem with the routing of the
> BSNL routers in my exchange, or an issue with my router.. Is there a
> way to confirm this? If that is the problem, is there a way to
> circumvent the same?

It is most likely a local issue. Can you provide the following details ?
It will help debug the issue.

1. ping ilugc.in
2. ADSL Line Attenuation (Downstream & Upstream)
3. ADSL Noise Margin (Downstream & Upstream)
4. ADSL Connection Speed (Downstream & Upstream)
5. Do you have the modem connected after the splitter ?

You can get the ADSL details from the BSNL router. If you don't have the
username:password try the default admin:admin.

--
0