On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Mohan Sundaram <mohan....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> True. But still very early stages. ARM was traditionally positioned as
> power saving as opposed to performance leading it to be dominant in
> mobiles/ tablets etc. I reckon it will a while before these become
> commonplace enough to be cheap owing to high volumes.

I have a Pogo Plug device has 1.2 GHz ARM, 512MB RAM, 128MB
NAND flash, 1 Ethernet and 4 USB ports. Totally solid state, under 5W
power draw and runs Debian nicely. Retails for $40, not sure about
availability in India. I have a 1TB USB HDD and wifi dongle hooked
up to it. Newer versions include eSATA and wifi.

Not as powerful as Atom but it's good for a mini-NAS and home use.

- Raja