Hi all

This is udayasankar,Let me intruduce my self. Iam working as Systems
Engineer in VKS Farms & Exports Pvt Limited,Coimbatore.

I have some technical doubts in Linux.Let me explain the scenario .

My Company has a small Data center.It houses 5 Linux servers for our
Mail  & SAP -Erp Application and 1 windows  server. for ADS.

We have about 100 Desktops and it is installed with Windows XP in the
remote branches .These clients are connected in the  MPLS,Broad band
Network.

 My Team has planned to migrate to Linux Client.So i have decided to
use Redhat Linux flavour and also i have planed to use NIS server for
Authenticating the Clients.

My Doubts:

1) Is NIS enough for Authentication ?
2) Is NIS Authenticated through broad band connection ?
3) Should i Pay any thing to Redhat for using these things?

Kindly give me the sugesstions and Solutions

Thanking You.
C.V.Udayashankar

C.V.Udayashankar