On 06/05/2012 04:01 PM, kenneth gonsalves wrote:

> the only one I am familiar with is django - they fix a rough date for
> release, but release when it is ready. They have rough list of features
> for release, but those features get included only if someone gets them
> ready. Same with translations. As for bugs, those described as release
> blockers are fixed before release, if someone fixes others, they get
> included in the release. In a purely voluntary community, that is all
> that can be done. They do not have alpha, beta etc, they have release
> candidate and release. I suspect that those projects where there are
> companies backing them and paid developers, these things are more
> systematic.

would suffice if that could be brought out in a generic way.
by-and-large its similar - terms vary.

>   Anyway if you have some experiences in these, please share.
> (Koha has paid developers too)
today a popular Open Source Software would mean that it has to be
packaged & made readily available as binary for installation atleast in
two family of distros - debian & fedora.

post development - building them to get the binaries for various
architectures & taking them to repos/ maintaining there or under one's
own repo can be given some priority.

--

amachu