>> joe is there - so is nano
>> --
>
> The vi editor is a very distinct part of UNIX ideology.

However it may be, every editor (or software) has it merits and
demerits. Haven't heard of joe or nano before, seems like a good time to
try it. It is interesting, I neither knew, joe has been available since
1988, nor did I know, nano comes preinstalled on my fedora.

> You simply cannot escape it.
>
> Of course I am talking about real UNIX which nobody in LUG seems to know.
>
> They only know Ubuntu, Redhat or Suse or some commercial Linux meant
>   for beginners.

Again, please stop generalizing your opinions. You are not the only
person in the list who knows "real UNIX", as you term it.

--
0