For those interested in science, the process of obtaining different  sound
"streams"  from an audio such as instrumentals or vocals, is an active
research topic in the field of audio signal processing. You can use CASA
(computational auditory scene analysis) or blind source separation as
keywords to dig out more information.

Regards,
Sunit

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Roshan George <ros...@arjie.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2012-06-24 at 18:07 +0530, Girish Venkatachalam wrote:
> > Your Tamizh fonts display very beautifully in my OpenBSD.
>
> Ha ha. That's nice to hear.
>
> > Okay now audacity can only remove voice track if multiple tracks are
> > preserved in
> > the format.
>
> Girish is right, here. You can get a nice perfect result only if you
> already have the tracks separately. However, there are things you can
> try with Audacity, and they're listed on the [Audacity
> Wiki](http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Vocal_Removal).
>
> This sort of thing is usually used to get karaoke tracks, so that's a
> keyword worth searching for if you want to try other methods as well.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Roshan George <ros...@arjie.com>

Sunit