Hi

>> #1 Which Internet Service Provider?
>>
>> ---

Airtel, Hathway, reliance, Aircel, Tata??

>> #2 What is your network setup?
>>

>      Network Setup In windows. by setting a username and password while
> adding a new network.it will connect automatically whenever it is booted.

Which modem/router? Brand, model number etc. In windows ISP usually
install their own programs to help user install internet BUT in Ubuntu
or GNU/Linux user has to do this manually.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 and all my username/password, IP addresses,
Gateway, DNS settings are saved in router (provided by ISP) itself. So
in order to access Internet what I have to do is just plug in network cable.

>> #3 How does the machine connect to the broadband?
>>

> by using the user name and password.

Wifi or wired?