You might want to try cinnamon desktop. Another project from linux mint. It
tries to stick to the traditional desktop metaphor(Gnome 2 look) but is
based on modern technology (Gnome 3). It has some cool features, but still
a young project with some rough edges.

Personally, I am sticking with gnome 3, as I have got used to its
features(or lack of it) and like it.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM, kenneth gonsalves <law...@thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 17:59 +0530, 0 wrote:
> > >      I am not very sure what he is trying to say. But these past few
> > > days, I have moved away from Gnome to Fluxbox. And I am finding it
> > > really wonderful. It is extremely customisable and very very light.
> > >

> > Haven't tried Fluxbox but I am going back to Gnome2's reincarnation
> > MATE
> > from Fedora 18.
> >
> > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTE1MDI
>
> great news - I have seen MATE on mint - love it.
> --
> regards
> Kenneth Gonsalves

Sincerely,