On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM, apvr <ura...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/8/18 ARUN PALANIAPPAN <arunpalaniappan....@gmail.com>:
> > What is the difference between LaTex and a normal Office Document?
> > What are the advantages of using LaTex or what difference does it make?
>
> One main advantage of LaTeX is the visual output.
> http://oestrem.com/thingstwice/2007/05/latex-vs-word-vs-writer/
>
> Apps like OO, Word etc are good for documents. I've found DocBook and
Latex useful when one does compilations where we have chapters, section
headers, subsections etc... These are automatically done based on indents
in OO/Word but the user has only a few controls. DocBook/Latex gives fine
grained controls for these, numbering/labelling figures etc and helps
maintain uniformity across a large document without any overrides.

-- Mohan Sundaram