Hi,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Sriram Ilango <sriram.04...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> interesting and innovative. For instance, we are planning to arrange booths
> in which we will create Live USB Keys of Ubuntu and Fedora.
>
> Any other ideas?

            GNU/Linux User Group Of TCE(Thiagarajar College of Engg.
Madurai), and the GNU/Linux User Group  - Madurai have been
celebrating FStival, in commemoration  of the software freedom day for
about 7-8 years now. This is how it is done there.

1) First, they create pamphlets and posters, and spread the word to
schools and colleges nearby. The posters are also pasted in all
prominent places in colleges.
2) On the day of the event, they organise "demo stalls" - They are
classified into various categories like day-to-day, type setting etc,
programming and development etc. Students volunteer to handle these
stalls and there by learn these tools well, and demo it.
3) In parallel, there will be demo of installations of Ubuntu/Fedora.
4) There will be booths where we burn images of various distros for
the guests(They need to bring blank disks).
5) There will be talks on various topics(by volunteers, so the topics
are decided by the speakers).

So, you can start with some of these, and over the years, do other
things as well. All the best. Thanks

[1] glugot.tce.edu - GLUGOT
[2] glug-madurai.org - GLUG-Madurai

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
                                                             - Swami Vivekananda

Mail: benignb...@gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/