On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Balasubramaniam Natarajan
<bala150...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Arun Khan <knu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Any particular reason for compiling it from source?
>>

> I don't have any particular reason,  I want apache running with SSL on port
> 443 and make PHP work along with it.  I am following this link to do the
> same,  If there is any other better link do pass it along.
>
> http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/03/install-apache2-ssl/

While the post is good, it is not necessary for your case.

Most distros build apache with SSL support.  You just need to enable
the SSL module.  In Debian and Ubuntu "man a2enmod" is what you need.

IMO as a standard practice,you should look under /etc/ for the
configuration files for the package you are working with.  Debian (and
derived distros) package manager are quite painstaking in making their
packages easy to configure (albeit from the CLI).  (dpkg -L <pkg name>
for file/util listings etc.)

-- Arun Khan

-- Arun Khan