---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dwaraka Nath <dtsdwa...@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Subject: [FSFTN] Introducing Project NeMo - News Mozilla
To: mailingl...@fsftn.org

Hey all,

I would like to introduce you to Project NeMo [1]- (short for News
Mozilla). This is a community project led by Communication Reps of
Mozilla in association with Mozilla PR.

Over the years, there has been a tremendous scope for Open Source and
web technologies. But, all the knowledge and the know how of that has
been restricted only to the so called 'netizens' albeit several
efforts and promotions. A common man or a regular internet user does
not know much about all that's happening around. We believe, that a
significant population still relies on the newspaper and other forms
of the print media for hobby, passion and information and that its the
best way to reach them - across all ages and people's interests.

And so, in that regard, this project, NeMo aims at creating short
articles on various topics concerning common web technologies - like "
why and how css works ? Do we need Javascript at all, how is it
helpful, What is PHP and HTML5? " and about Open Source Software too.
The articles are written in about 300-400 words in a manner that can
be understood by all - from a student, working professional to the
Grandpa down the street - perfectly suited for print media to reach
all.

All the articles are being localized into various languages as well,
thus providing opportunity for a wider reach. Check for sample
articles here. [2]

Sounds interesting ? You may contribute to - Content Generation - to
write articles or for Localization - translating purposes.[3] Sign up
here. [4] Subscribe to the mailing list and say "Hi !" [5].

Thanks,
Dwaraka

[1] - https://wiki.mozilla.org/NeMo
[2] - https://wiki.mozilla.org/NeMo/Articles