Hi,

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Girish Venkatachalam <
girishvenkatacha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That is the client part. This SMTP client is actually the SMTP server
>  of the sender.

          I didn't get that. How does the SMTP client become the SMTP
server of the sender ?

> I have written a C SMTP proxy that uses UNIX semantics doing a fork(),
>  and uses poll(2) to ferry packets between the client and server.

      Wouldn't epoll(I guess the *BSD equivalent is kqueue) be a better
option ?

> As and when my experience unfolds more info I shall post to LUG.

        Sure do. It is worth spending time understanding how the basic
protocols work, and most of the text based protocols are quite easy to
understand. Thanks

PS: GMail has made its new-style compose and the default. So, if the
reply(quoting style) looks odd/confusing, I apologise. I will move to using
some a mail client very soon.

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
                                                             - Swami
Vivekananda

Mail: benignb...@gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/