Hi,

    Beg to disagree. By having a practical goal, one can learn how to do

> things practically. Then get inspired by how it worked and dig deeper.
> But if you've got a hundred interesting, practical problems to solve -
> then keep doing it.

Many times reaching a goal is the ultimate aim. Once the goal is met, the
tools and the path taken may seem irrelevant. At that moment, learning
ceases to happen. If I have a good enough internet connection, i can google
up or look up stackoverflow for references to solve the problem at hand.
Learning does not happen! Very few are actually inspired to go beyond the
problem they just solved.

Ok. I did not attempt to prove a point or disagree with you or others in
the thread. Its just a thought I felt a need to share!

Abishek