On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 7:58 AM, anitha ekambaram <
anithaekambara...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hai to all
> There are lots of Open source Dbs are available in the Market . which one
> i need to choose .. so confusing to which one to be learn The concept is if
> i learn any Db thorughly it should be  giving employment also in the
> simultaneously side by side .. Lot of DBs like Mongo Db,Maria
> DbMysqlPostgresqlSqliteNosqlWhich one we will need and go thorugh and which
> one is the light weight .. and which one is most demand in the market, and
> why not oracle 11g it does not suit for web development and all ?

Yes there are lots of options. I assume you are a beginner.

Today's world, there are 3 major types of databases which are in use -
Relational (MySQL, Postgres etc), NoSQL (Mongo, Hypertable, Riak etc) and
Graph (Neo4J etc). If you are a person who is looking at computing as a
career, you need to understand how all the 3 work, but need not be a master
of all. For any traditional employment do become thorough with SQL, it is
the core of any relational database. It will always be helpful for whatever
career path you are going to take. But if you love something new and want
your "resume" to be noticed with keywords like "scalability" welcome to the
world of NoSQL. Graph databases are used by social networks and there are
very good implementations like Neo4J.

Regards,
Arun
http://wondroussky.blogspot.in/

"கற்றது கைமண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு" - ஔவையார்
Known is a drop, Unknown is an ocean