On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 5:17 AM, Girish Venkatachalam <
girishvenkatacha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will add to the confusion in my own way.

You remind me of The Drunken Master. An unconventional Kung Fu teacher!

> My love affair with perl goes far beyond the job requirements.

I tried entering obfuscated Perl contests, though I did not win.
My Perl is too clean. :)

> Javascript happened because of my biz need.

Does innovation happen because of biz need, or because some hacker is
playing around?
It's ECMAScript, as in "European Computer Manufacturer's
Association"-Script.
Sounds pretty biz-y.

> And python was learnt by and by. Even today I am not very good at it.

sagenb.org uses Python! And also, bitcointrezor.com uses Python.
I like white-space-sensitive languages myself.

Perl was also very useful in my career. So much so that it actually
> caused my boss to be
>  annoyed by my speed and grasp of perl.
>
> And also my boss's boss.

Annoy too many bosses, and you're forced to become your own boss.
This can be a good thing!

> By the way as an aside, death stalks us every minute. When we die we
> cannot carry all our wealth and
>  enjoyments to our next life but we surely can carry our knowledge. By

Surely, you are wrong! When we die, it really is over for us. There is no
more life after death.
Now you and I are saying two different things, and neither of us knows
anything about death.
What we are saying is called BS ( Belief System ).

> Now back to the topic.
>
> Python cannot do what perl can. And you can argue similarly with other
> languages also.
>
> Every language has its place in the scheme of things.
>
> But if you are looking at learning programming or obtaining long term
> employable skill then
>  all these languages are good.
>
> Javascript cannot be learnt without html, xml, css and CGI knowledge.
>
> And CGI cannot be written in javascript. ;)
>
> For CGI you have to learn perl anyway.

So many inaccuracies!
Points off from your house! ;)

> But Javascript is useful only within a browser environment.

Do give Node.js a shot. Useful, outside of the browser.