Arun Khan <knu...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Noorul Islam K M <noo...@noorul.com> wrote:
>
>> Arun Khan <knu...@gmail.com> writes:
>

>>> My openWRT box simply keeps working without any complaints.  FWIW
>>> summary shown below
>>>
>>> Router Name   sas-owrt
>>> Router Model  i586
>>> Firmware Version       OpenWrt Backfire 10.03.1 / LuCI 0.10.0 Release
>>> (0.10.0)
>>> Kernel Version        2.6.32.27
>>> Local Time    Wed Jul 3 12:50:31 2013
>>> Uptime        130d 22h 45m 0s
>>
>> Are you in India? Do you get Un-interrupted power supply for 130 days?
>> If not which UPS are you using?
>>

> Yes, Mumbai.  Had it not been for planned outage, the up time would be higher.
> UPS is APC 800 Back-UPS RS - dedicated for low power network appliances.

I have a Back-UPS RS 600 dedicated for D-Link modem but I have been
facing constant issues with it. The original unit got replaced because,
they had to replace battery every month. Now the new unit is yet to
complete a month, fingers crossed.

Is there is something that we need to take care of when powering lower
voltage devices?

Thanks and Regards
Noorul