On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM, km <srikrishnamo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We are in search for a 200Tb NAS solution based on linux. I am aware of
> FreeNAS and could you suggest vendors who can provide Linux OS based NAS
> from your experience in India.

I have a client who was using FreeNAS 8, where it lost the entire
zpool during a power failure.

For storage in the range of 200TB, I would suggest to look for a
vendor to provide the solution (commercial support).   Isilon comes to
mind and then there is open-e (Linux based), nexenta is based on
opensolaris with zpool.  (I have seen Isilon in operation - I have no
commercial links to any of the products).

Avoid rolling your own unless you really really know the gut level
details of what the heck you are doing.

-- Arun Khan