> Our management decided to move our production server from existing provider
> to azure.

Moving from GNU/Linux to windows ?

Try to convince management not to so.

or moving to another GNU/Linux hosted over azure?

My replies are hoping that you are moving to another GNU/Linux server.

> We have centOS on both. It is for classified's related site, considerable
> amount of data and ~thousands users with their disc space quota.
>
> This is our first time moving our servers. I need your Guidance and
> suggestions on these.

Plan for a day or more downtime.
Depends on the data size.

Setup a stage server to practice all the move.
Dont try anything on the server without trying on stage server.

> 1) How to migrate the mysql db.

Read and practice this.
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2008/09/backup-and-restore-mysql-database-using-mysqldump/

> 2) How to manage the emails during the downtime.

Add another mail server to handle the emails.
Add MX records in DNS.

> 3) Manage the files

Use rsync to copy the files properly.
check its options too.

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/09/rsync-command-examples/

> 4) How to security check list for the new system

Add iptables firewall rules.
Secure apache and mysql with their config files.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-things-you-should-do-to-secure-apache/
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/03/apache-hardening/

http://www.greensql.com/content/mysql-security-best-practices-hardening-mysql-tips
http://blog.codesherpas.com/on_the_path/2010/08/securing-mysql-in-10-minutes.html

> 5) Anything that I missed out!.

rsync with archive mode for users data.
it will make the owenership and permissions in sync.

> Since first time, planning to be more cautious.

Yes. Plan well and practice in a stage server.
Without stage server practise, dont enter into production.

Create a checklist for to-do.
Note down all the activities you do.

Blog your experiences.

Wishes.

> Any reference documents Highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you all!
>
> My intention is not to pass on my work to someone.But I'm looking for
> earlier experiences who have done this before.All I wanted is some *need
> advice on best approach,working reference and Suggestions*,Since I can't
> try all the resources available on live.This is the reason am here.
> --
> Heartly!
> K.GANESH KUMAR,
> TAMILNADU,